Monday, October 21, 2013

Arrived!

October 21

The flight over was long but I was able to sleep quite a bit. Had 2 great seat mates. We were all the same age and traveling by ourselves. Jane was coming to Israel to attend her daughter's wedding. She is an Orthodox Jew and gave me lots of good history and directed me to customs, baggage, and the sherut  (shared taxi). Margaret is a Catholic from India. She is here for the first time and is going on a faith based tour. The Greek islands  were something to see as we flew over this morning.  Definitely want to go there sometime. No problems finding the hotel. The driver showed me exactly where to go. My room is not fancy by any means but is very clean. I'll take that and be happy. This is a very old hotel and is loaded with charm. I do have to remember not to just stand and look at the elevator door waiting for it to open. You must pull the door open. No magically opening doors here and a really tiny elevator. I ventured out just enough to find a diet coke but am waiting for the rest of the group to arrive before I go out any more than that.  I will meet the group and tour leader later today at dinner.  I am really tired and looking forward to a good night of sleep. Big day tomorrow.


View from my hotel room. 
Gloria Hotel. Jaffa Gate just inside the old city of Jerusalem. 


5 comments:

  1. So glad you make it a okay! Love seeing the pictures. Miss you and have a great first day! xoxoxo Meg

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was excited to see your blog this morning. Have a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pictures... Great job blogging - Jake is now follow you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you're having a good time and made it safe I'm reading your blog every day I love you have a wonderful time. Travis

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey Cathy, great job getting there...John and I are cheering you on. Have a wonderful day and keep those posts coming.

    ReplyDelete